Every Fluid Analysis kit includes mailing bag(s), authorized for pre-paid postage.
PRE-REGISTER YOUR SAMPLE(S):
There are three (3) ways to pre-register your sample(s). Please refer to the steps outlined the Shipping Instructions page for more details.
PREPARE YOUR SAMPLE(S) FOR RETURN:
- Oil & Coolant Sample returns can be packaged together
- Fuel Sample returns must be packed separate. Please refer to the special instructions below
- Make sure you return the Lab portion of the Fluid Sample Information form if not pre-registered online or in Cat Inspect through SOS Inspection
- Please retain the detachable Customer portion including the QR code for your reference
- Ensure your parcel is securely packaged, wrapped and reinforced
SAMPLE RETURN METHODS:
Please select from one of the four (4) convenient return options:
- Drop-off at a nearby Branch
For the fastest turnaround, please drop your samples at any one of our branch locations and Toromont will expedite them to our lab for you. View branch locations »
- Drop-off at a Canada Post location
- Provide return policy number PR411995 to any Canada Post retail counter. They will ask for your address, and then will create a return label on your behalf. Please affix the label to the shipping bag provided in your kit.
- Otherwise, you can follow the “Prepare your samples for return” process below and bring in the email from email@example.com to the post office and they will scan and print the label using the QR code
To find a Canada Post location:
- Print your own shipping label
a. Clink on this link to print your pre-paid label. It will take you to the Canada Post Website for authorized Toromont Cat Fluid Analysis bottle returns:
b. Input your sample label number; the number underneath the QR code
c. Fill in your name and address the return is coming from. Click on Continue
d. Verify the information entered is correct, then click on Get Label
e. The email address entered will receive an email with the Return label as a PDF and a QR code from firstname.lastname@example.org. It looks like this:
f. Print label and affix to the largest side of mailing bag, then drop it at a post office or a street letterbox. Otherwise, you can take your email to the post office and they will scan and print the label using the QR code.
g. The label created is unique and can only be used to return one parcel. You will be provided a tracking number for the item.
4. You can use any other shipping service to return your samples to:
Toromont Cat, Fluid Analysis Lab
5001, Trans-Canada Highway
FUEL SAMPLE RETURN PROCESS - Handling of Dangerous Goods
- Fuel samples should be dropped at the nearest Toromont branch location
- Fuel samples need to be packed separately from other fluid samples
- The outer packaging must be identified (Fuel Sample). It is imperative that a Fuel sample is declared on the outside packing at all times; Shipper’s declaration is imperative to declare dangerous goods
Toll Free: 1 (866) 569-5979