Your Cat machine performs best with real Cat Parts including filters because all of these components are designed and engineered just for Cat iron.
Genuine Cat filters improve performance and protect your engine and hydraulics which means a longer life and higher resale value.
- Increases Injector Life Up To 45% Compared To Competitive Filters
- Decreases Cost Per Hour Up To 80% Compared To Competitive Filters
- Industry’s Thickest Canister Cuts Risk Of System Failure
- Tested 50% Longer Compared to Competitive Filters
WHY ARE CAT FILTERS BETTER FOR YOUR MACHINE?
Better For Your Bottom Line
We don't just test filters the traditional way; we test them the Caterpillar way.
These tests revealed that when compared to competitive filters, Cat filters:
- Help Cat fuel injectors last 45% longer
- Can decrease the cost per hour up to 80%
Five filters were tested and only one — the Cat filter — reached the end of the test before fuel injector failure. In fact, injectors with competitive filters experienced:
- A leakage rate three times that of new
- Significant erosion and leak paths
- High levels of contaminants passing through
Our testing involves:
- Using actual machine components (cylinder head, injectors, pump and other Cat fuel system components)
- Circulating fuel through a C9 engine fuel system test rig
- Running the rig at high idle speeds
A company operating multiple Cat machines including bulldozers and wheel loaders.
Customer using non Cat filters and had concerns about reduced life on fuel system components.
The dealer approached the company and presented the facts and data pertaining to the injector study. The customer wanted to validate the improved component life with an onsite test. Cat helped developed the onsite test comparing a Cat secondary fuel filter to a similar aftermarket filter being used currently by the customer.
Following a comprehensive analysis of all the data, there was a 41% increase in injector life using the Cat filter. The competitive filter experienced 2x more performance loss throughout the life of the injector compared to the Cat filter.
We offer you the right parts and service solutions, when and where you need them. The Cat dealer network of highly trained experts is built to help you maximize your equipment investment.
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE AND THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR
Other brands may technically ‘fit’, but Cat filters protect your engine, drive train, hydraulic systems and components much better over the short, medium and long term. Our specialized design provides maximum filtration efficiency and protection for your Cat machine. So you get more uptime and lower owning and operating costs.
Spiral roving eliminates pleat movement and keeps contaminants from working their way into the clean side of the filter. Filters with spiral roving have 45% lower particle counts than other options. Competitive brands can flex as fluid travels through them, leaking contaminants that can cause premature wear.
Acrylic beads keep pleat spacing rigid and maximize the filter's surface area — capturing and holding contaminants until the required change interval. Pleat bunching is common in other brands, allowing contaminants to circulate, cause clogging and shorten filter life.
Fiberglass-reinforced nylon center tubes get rid of metal contamination and are also 30% stronger compared with metal tubes. This helps prevent collapse when pressure spikes or during cold starts. In other brands, metal center tubes can actually carry metal contaminants left over from manufacturing, which can cause wear.
Molded end caps completely seal the clean side from the dirty side, getting rid of gaps and keeping contaminants trapped. Other brands have metal end caps glued on top of filter pleats — creating gaps that allow contaminants to re-enter from the clean side.
THE BEST MACHINES NEED THE BEST FILTERS
Why risk your machine investment by choosing non Cat filters and fluids? Only Cat filters and fluids are developed, tested and approved to Cat’s challenging standards.
They are a critical element in machine health and are readily available through the Cat dealer network and online at Parts.Cat.com 24 hours a day.
Protecting your Cat equipment against dirt and contaminants created on a work site is critical to both component life and operator health and safety. There are three types of Cat Air Filters: Engine Air Filters, Cab Air Filters and Turbine Precleaners.
CAT AIR FILTERS
- Protect vital engine parts so you get optimum performance
- Lessen airborne irritants and create a cleaner and comfortable operator environment
- Provide increased airflow with less restriction
- Offer the most advanced filtration available, even with space constraints
- Environmentally friendly and incinerable
- Multiple filter efficiencies depending on your equipment and application.
With more exacting engineering standards, there is less room between engine components than ever before — which is why it's critical to use only Cat Engine Oil Filters in your Cat equipment. Cat Engine Oil Filters come in Standard Efficiency, Advanced Efficiency and Ultra High Efficiency models.
CAT ENGINE OIL FILTERS
- Maximize engine and engine oil cleanliness
- Offer the highest machine performance and component protection
- Incorporate acrylic beads to avoid bunching and spiral roving to boost stability
- Include a nylon centre tube to stop metal contamination
- Have seamless, molded end caps to get rid of leaks
Because of the differences between hydraulic and transmission systems on your Cat, it's critical to always choose Cat Hydraulic and Transmission Filters. They come in Standard Efficiency, Advanced Efficiency and Ultra High Efficiency models.
CAT HYDRAULIC & TRANSMISSION FILTERS
- Capture particles that would otherwise damage your hydraulic and transmission systems
- Minimize cold start by-pass while maintaining appropriate cleanliness levels
Using the right fuel filters in your Cat machine prevents debris like dust and rust from restricting fuel flow and reducing engine performance. Cat Fuel Filters include primary fuel filters, fuel water separators and secondary fuel filters.
CAT FUEL FILTERS
- Engineered to capture smaller particles that do the greatest damage to fuel injectors, fuel pumps and other engine components
- Remove almost 100% of water from the fuel system
- Include acrylic beads to prevent bunching and spiral roving to maximize stability
- Incorporate a nylon center tube to avoid metal contamination
- Include seamless, molded end caps to eliminate leaks
You can also call or visit your local Toromont Cat branch to buy: