September 20, 2021
To Our Valued Customers,
As the COVID-19 Pandemic continues, we continue to appropriately refine our business practices, implementing protective measures and invest in our digital capabilities. Our priorities are to protect our employees, our communities and our customers. As an important partner to our business, we are advising you of key measures we have in place to support safe work environments and operations, some of which are as follows:
- Wherever possible, our employees will continue to work remotely and continue to support our customers, while minimizing exposure to all parties.
- There are physical distancing practices within all facilities. ASTM Level-1 face masks have also been provided to all employees, and are deemed critical personal protective equipment, along with safety glasses, where physical distancing is not possible or practical.
- Disposable masks are available at all our locations for visitors entering any of our facilities, and, where mandated by local by-laws will be required and enforced in all public places as per Toromont policy.
- Toromont has enhanced sanitization measures for all equipment and facilities.
- All Toromont employees accessing our facilities or customer location are to be ‘fit-for-duty’ and arecompleting a daily COVID-19 health assessment prior to reporting for work. This same health assessment is required of all visitors entering a Toromont location.
- We preclude ‘At risk’ individuals from entering the facility and provide services as required using alternative procedures. For example, we are providing curbside pickup and delivery service to minimize exposures.
- In recognition of our value of ‘safety first’, we had implemented travel and meeting restrictions for all employees long before mandated restrictions came into play and we continue to maintain these protocols, even while some restrictions are lessening. Toromont continues to suspend all non-essential and internal travel. The only form of permitted travel is in support of customer requirements and the safety of our workplace, and only under strict approval guidelines and clear travel protocols.
- We will ensure our sales and field personnel are familiar with and comply with any customer safety protocols prior to entering a customer location, including customer requirements surrounding vaccination;
- We continue to encourage vaccination across our workplace, and are making vaccine awareness training available to our employees.
- We have implemented protocols to deal with any potential cases or those who interacted with potential cases. These individuals are not be permitted to attend any Toromont or customer location until sufficient medical clearance has been provided, often after a period of self-isolation as required by public health guidelines.
- Extensive tracing and sanitization measures also follow all potential exposures.
- We continue to enhance the first line of defense through prevention by reinforcing and educating around the effectiveness of proper hand hygiene while also increasing hand sanitizing stations within branches/operations.
- Our return to work protocols have continued to evolve in alignment with public health guidelines.
- We ask all our customers and visitors to respect local by-laws relating to mandatory face coverings in public places such that together, we can continue to minimize risk.
If you have any questions or points of concern, please reach out to any one of your contacts, who can direct and coordinate the appropriate response. Thank you in advance for your support and consideration at this time.
President & CEO
Toromont Industries Ltd