May 19, 2022, 14:30 PM
Hugo Fiore Lacelle
My name is Sylvain Samson, Supervisor of the IT Help Desk since November 2021...
Supervisor, IT Help Desk
My name is Sylvain Samson, Supervisor of the IT Help Desk since November 2021. My team is spread out across the Pointe-Claire, Concord, Québec, Winnipeg, and Dartmouth branches.
We are there to help you with all of your IT-related challenges. Here’s how to reach us:
You can also visit us in person at the Concord and Pointe-Claire branches. However, please contact us to book an appointment before coming in. We are available Monday to Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In the event of an IT emergency outside regular business hours, call us at 613-966-TECH and leave a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
The ticketing system we use is called Octopus. When you call to report an issue, we open a ticket in this system. You can view your tickets by clicking on the following link: https://intranet.toromont.com/_layouts/Toromont/OctopusRedirect.aspx. We strongly encourage you to use this link to submit your questions or to add any information you think would be of help to us—and to you! Avoid opening a ticket to request a status update on an existing ticket; go to the existing ticket to view the status or request an update.
Some important points when submitting issues through the portal or by email:
The more details you provide, the easier it will be for us to assist you.
- Do your best to answer one of the following questions:
- Who: Who has the problem? Is the issue only affecting you or several colleagues as well?
- What: What is happening exactly? Which software is affected? Have you restarted? What is the error message?
- Where: Are you at the office or at home on the VPN?
- When: When did the issue occur? What were you doing? Did it happen right after an action on your part?
- Why: Why do you consider this issue to be urgent? How does it impact your work or the company?
- You can include screenshots to better illustrate the situation.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need assistance with anything, I will be happy to help.